Create an admin feature like in django
I think this is the most important thing missing from web2py impressive feature list.
Jens Rantil commented
This can partially be accomplished with GUI applications for databases, such as http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/5.2.html
The official description/feature list is here http://tinyurl.com/2unccsv . The main features are these:
- have a place for the users to edit application's models taking account of
- easy/customizable entries display
- easy/customizable db entry filtering
- easy/customizable searching
- create/edit related objects in main entry interface
- easy/customizable actions on multiple entries
The important feature is that all these are user exposing ready (just enable it and customize it if necessary). I know that all these can be done in web2py but it would be nice if they were already done for us.
AdminRichard Penman (Admin, web2py) commented
I haven't used Django in a while - what features does the admin interface offer?